Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rocco's Blog 3/19/09

I was in New Orleans a couple of years ago for the eclipse. Last night
I spoke with a woman who had been there too. She explained that the
moon was her flash of hope, her only friend. They speak to each other
and count each line upon the pale skin; they paint pictures of one
another and dance to celebrate the light, the indifference of the sky,
the physical earth and all her vibrations. She explained that without
the moon her love would turn coffee black. She leaves and blesses the
bus with both hands. We drive into the desert night and it's quiet.

7 comments:

Reno said...

What's up Rocco!? I always enjoy your blogs =) This is Noah Ciccanti btw. I recently started a new blog, you should check it out!
http://noahsintrospection.blogspot.com/
Keep up the good work sir!

Kim said...

Sounds like the inspiration for a great new song ;)

Jordan said...

cool story...easy to imagine. heard the show in LA was rockin' by the way!

Ashley said...

What a fascinating photo.

Gina Marie said...

Hey Rocco-

I couldn't imagine the jouney of living on a tour bus... you see so many ways of life through the eyes of the towns you visit and capture priceless moments like the one with this lady... jealous, I would love to be nomadic:)

by the way it's Gina from Baltimore...I can't wait to catch up with you and Bryan and Ryan in VA and PA. Your music has been missed-

lovelove

jtalexander said...

Yo Rocco, found some cool behind the scenes footage of you and Daniel Lanois talking about the album in the studio. Really good stuff. Plus I got a free music download. Anyone else interested you should check out the Hotel Indigo music site at www.podcast.hotelindigo.com?cm_mmc=americas-_-in-_-podcast-_-rocco_dedicated

John W. DeLuca said...

Rocco,

Believe it or not there is another Rocco DeLuca. He will be one (1) year old on May 21, 2009. His father plays the guitar for him and he loves it.

If you would like to wish him a Happy Birthday you can forward a note to me and I will deliver it.

My email is: jakenickkay@yahoo.com.

His full name is: Rocco DeLuca Mahan and he resides in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Regards,

John DeLuca