Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ROCCO'S BLOG 5/20/08

The day was hot. This man was pulling items from his truck to sell them. He placed them against the wall. I was walking towards him but I didn't purchase anything. I said hello and walked down to the corner to meet with a person who claimed to have every recording by Alan Lomax. He had quite a few, but so did I. Then we talked about earthquakes in China, how saddened and removed we both felt. Our conclusion was that we suffer across the world, in our backyards, and in our own skin. Enough.

He played me one of my favorite records by the Staple Singers and I asked him,” Would anybody today care enough to make a record that raw and beautiful?"
He told me, "yes, but in a different form."
Fair enough I thought to myself, “but I still love this fucking record."
He asked, "Why do you think it is we could love a piece of vinyl so much?”
I told him, "Because it reminds us of something better."

9 comments:

V said...

Far as i know...the most beautiful feelings...must came from a song...



And far as i know...ebery human have feelings...you have a great eart...and great human kind...keep on that Rocco Roc Rock.

V said...

*every



[Dislexy...cof cof cof cof]

miss stacy said...

Be the changes you want to see;-)))

Indie_Chick said...

I totally agree with you. Its very rare that you find an artist or band that stays true to themselves one that isn't fazed by the glitz, glamor and the promises of the big name music execs. I think thats one of the main reasons I've gravitated towards the Indie community. Its just true, untouched,uncorrupted, beautiful,soul-stirring thought provoking music.....Thanks for sharing this with us.


Love, Shellene

Hunter said...

What's ur favorite song by Staple Singers?

I like Respect Yourself

Noelle said...

I am on a constant journey to find and learn about great artist. I will check out the Staple Singers!
Great music is a rare gift that continues to carry and inspire me throughout my life. I hope to ad this one to my list.
Your music has been a part of that journey! Thank you for that!

Through our pain we find strength,and through our strength we find beauty!

Kim said...

Good music is the bandaid for the soul.

Anonymous said...

I would take out the "I told him" in the end and just put your conclusion. It reads much better

Avidexplorer said...

LMAO. I would leave it as written. Because it's profound. Which can confound.